Welcome to My Perfect Pie!
I’m so glad you’re here. My Perfect Pie is dedicated to helping you and your family get into the kitchen and make magic with PIZZA.
I started writing pizza recipes and teaching pizza cooking classes (for kids of all ages) in 2009. From there, I launched my own mobile cooking school, complete with wood-fired oven, and wrote a children’s picture book (complete with recipes, of course), Zaza’s Perfect Pie.
My mission with this website is to make it your go-to for pizza making tips and kid-friendly pizza recipes. I want to turn your whole family into pizza masters!
Zaza is a little girl who dreams of being the World’s Greatest Pizzaiola. Together with her dog, Pecorino (named after Zaza’s favorite cheese), they embark on a mission to create the Perfect Pie. I started drawing Zaza in 2013 and finally self published her story in 2017. You can watch the launch video below. Zaza is a little bit of me and a little bit of every kid whose imagination can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary.
My name is Elana Iaciofano (last name is pronounced YACH-O-FANO…it’s fun to say!). I live in New Jersey with my husband Eric and our nine bicycles. We really like to ride our bikes, which is good because it allows us to eat more pizza! Some more fun facts about me:
- I started drawing when I was 9 months old.
- My favorite TV show of all time is the X-Files.
- I have read all the Harry Potters eight times. Cover to cover.
- Choosing a favorite pizza topping is like choosing a favorite child. But if pressed…. Pear and gorgonzola with rosemary and honey.
- My brother John and I started a food blog back in 2010. That’s where I started to learn food photography and recipe writing.
- My dad once tried to convince me that Campbell’s Clam Chowder was his own home made.
- I have a lot of pizza knowledge. So if you have questions, just ask.