This pizza is my latest and greatest summer time masterpiece. It features fresh peaches, blue and mozzarella cheeses, basil oil and a spunky chili oil from BA magazine!
For the basil oil:
1 cup packed fresh basil
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
For the pizza:
2–3 medium ripe peaches, sliced
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and ripped into pieces
6 oz blue cheese, crumbled
2–3 tbsp Chili Crisp
kosher salt to taste
1 recipe simple pizza dough or sourdough pizza dough
Equipment: 9×13″ rimmed sheet pan
First, make the basil oil:
- Combine all the ingredients for the basil oil in a food processor or blender and purée. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Store the basil oil in a container in the refrigerator for a week.
Make the pizza:
- Heat your oven to 450°F.
- Line a 9×13″ rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper with olive oil.
- Stretch out our dough directly into the prepared baking sheet, extending it into the corners. If the dough bounces back too much, just let it rest for 5 minutes, and try again. You’ll get it!
- Place the torn pieces of mozzarella cheese on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese on top of the mozzarella.
- Arrange the peach slices on top of the cheeses.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Slide the pizza into the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the basil oil and chili crisp.
This recipe makes 2 9×13″ pizzas.
For this recipe I split the pizza dough into 2 pieces instead of 4, so I would have a thicker crust.
Keywords: peach and blue cheese pizza, peach pizza, easy peach pizza, brunch pizza, blue cheese pizza