I want to add another stone fruit pizza to my summer fruit pizza recipe collection. This time, I’m also adding in FIGS. Figs are in season from June until December here on the east coast. When I start seeing figs in the grocery store, I get really excited. And I get extra excited about using them on THIS Fig and Peach and Ricotta Cheese Pizza.
This pizza is incredibly simple. You can:
- Use both figs and peaches on the same pizza.
- Use one or the other, depending on what you can find!
The key to this pizza is a little honey or balsamic glaze. Personally, I prefer the balsamic glaze because it adds a tanginess to the flavor combinations, while honey is just sweet. Feel free to try out the difference and let me know your preference in the comments below!
How I serve this pizza:
- As a appetizer, instead of a cheese plate.
- As a dessert, alongside more fresh fruit.
- As a side dish at brunch.
Let’s get to the recipe!Print
The simplest and most delicious fig and peach pizza recipe that you can have for breakfast, brunch, and appetizer or dessert!
This recipe makes TWO 9×13 rectangular pies. I prefer to make them in a pan, which is easiest for serving as appetizers! Cut them into bite sizes for apps and side dishes.
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 pint fresh black mission figs, stems removed and quartered
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tbsp honey or 4 tbsp balsamic glaze, divided
- Fresh thyme, as much as you like
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 recipe Simple Pizza Dough or 1 recipe Sourdough Pizza Dough
- Preheat oven to 500°F for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Line a 9”x13” rimmed baking sheet parchment paper and drizzle it with olive oil, spreading it over the bottom and sides.
- Place your dough onto the baking sheet and stretch to outer corners of baking sheet, creating a rectangle. If the dough stretches back, let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes and stretch again.
- Once you’ve stretched the dough, allow it to rest for 10 minutes until slightly puffed.
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese on the dough.
- Place the sliced peaches and figs on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle the surface with about 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle on the fresh thyme and sea salt.
- Lower the heat of your oven to 450°F and bake for 15-20 minutes (individual ovens will vary, so keep an eye on your pie!).
- Remove from the oven and slide onto a cutting board.
- Drizzle with honey or balsamic glaze, slice and serve.
Use either honey or balsamic glaze, not both
I use a 9×13″ rimmed baking sheet. It’s easiest for serving as an appetizer.
Keywords: dessert pizza, fruit pizza, fig pizza recipes, fig recipes, gourmet pizza recipes, peaches, pizza recipes, sweet pizza recipes